Calvary is a local Christian community that loves Jesus and the Tri Valley.
We meet Sunday mornings to learn Jesus through prayer, the scriptures, musical worship, and communion. Our service is casual and all are welcome, and there is Kid's Church for toddlers through 12 year olds.
To learn more about us scroll down to see who we are, what we believe, and feel free to listen to the sermons from our Sunday gatherings.
WHO ARE WE?
Calvary Tri Valley is a Christian church. Christian means we are followers of Jesus, and church means we are a community that gathers to love and worship God and to serve and enjoy one another. We do this as a response to the love of God and the forgiveness that has been extended to us through the finished work of Christ. Below are our 7 defining statements.
1. We are a church that is founded on Jesus and His Word. (Ephesians 2:19-20)
2. We are a church that places a strong emphasis on the faithful teaching of the Bible. (Acts 2:42)
3. We are a church that is committed to prayer both corporately and individually. (Acts 2:42, James 5:16, Matthew 6:5-6)
4. We are a church that aims to have true fellowship, koinonia, with one another. (Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:24-25)
5. We are a church that values a time of worship through song as a vital part of our meeting together, with the primary purpose of simply giving God the praise and glory He is due. (Psalm 30:4, Colossians 3:16)
6. We are a church that strives to serve both the community we live in and one another, reflecting the sacrificial love of God that is freely extended to all through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Mark 10:44-45, Acts 2:44-45)
7. We are a church that has a heart to reach out to those that are hopeless and lost in their sin with the gospel of peace that is found in Christ and Christ alone. (Romans 10:14-15)
OUR MOST RECENT SERMON
PASTOR A. CLAY WORRELL
Clay is originally from a small mountain community north of Los Angeles, California. He was first introduced to the God of the Bible at the age of 13 when a loving Christian family from down the street began to share the love of Christ with him and invited him to church. On the evening of September 12, 1998, at a concert outreach event, Clay committed his life to Jesus and has been following and serving him ever since.
In the fall of 2004 the Lord lead Clay to attend Calvary Chapel Bible College in Murrieta California from which he graduated with an Associates of Theology. Towards the end of his time in Bible College, he began to feel a draw towards Ireland, a draw that developed in to an undeniable call from God. So, from the Summer of 2006 he started the transition to living full time in Ireland.
Clay started his time in Ireland as the assistant pastor of Dundalk Community Church, learning ministry and culture from the Irish lead pastor there. However, in the summer of 2008, shortly after Clay married his beautiful wife Jannelle, God lead them to Waterford City to start a church plant. By the grace of God, what started as a few people meeting in a kitchen, grew in to a strong and healthy church in Waterford City Center. Clay was blessed to be able to raise up local Pastoral leadership that he eventually handed the church over to in early 2015.
From there God called Clay, Jannelle, and their two sweet daughters, Willow and Winnie, to the Tri Valley where Clay now serves as the lead pastor of Calvary Tri Valley. The Worrells live in Downtown Pleasanton where they are setting down roots.
Clay loves Jesus, coffee, and all things outdoors… Jannelle loves Jesus, coffee, cooking, and baking… Willow loves bugs, and Winnie loves bananas, and by the grace of God they are learning to love Jesus day by day as they grow up.
CALVARY TRI VALLEY
The purpose of community groups at Calvary is simply to give the church an opportunity to have meaningful fellowship in a smaller and more intimate context. For that reason we meet mid week in homes around the Tri Valley. Community Groups will vary in style and size but they will all have the same focus: Gospel centered fellowship. For more information feel free to call one of the numbers below. Community Groups run from January-May and September-November to allow for Summer and Christmas breaks.
PLEASANTON- WEDNESDAY @ 7PM - WORSHIP AND PRAYER
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL: 925.565.7282
LIVERMORE - THURSDAY @ 5:30PM - DISCUSSION BASED ON SUNDAY'S TEXT
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL: 925.201.9623