WHO ARE WE?
Calvary Tri Valley is a Christian church. Christian means we are followers of Jesus, and church means we are a community that gathers to love and worship God and to serve and enjoy one another. We do this as a response to the love of God and the forgiveness that has been extended to us through the finished work of Christ. Below are our 7 defining statements.
1. We are a church that is founded on Jesus and His Word. (Ephesians 2:19-20)
2. We are a church that places a strong emphasis on the faithful teaching of the Bible. (Acts 2:42)
3. We are a church that is committed to prayer both corporately and individually. (Acts 2:42, James 5:16, Matthew 6:5-6)
4. We are a church that aims to have true fellowship, koinonia, with one another. (Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:24-25)
5. We are a church that values a time of worship through song as a vital part of our meeting together, with the primary purpose of simply giving God the praise and glory He is due. (Psalm 30:4, Colossians 3:16)
6. We are a church that strives to serve both the community we live in and one another, reflecting the sacrificial love of God that is freely extended to all through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Mark 10:44-45, Acts 2:44-45)
7. We are a church that has a heart to reach out to those that are hopeless and lost in their sin with the gospel of peace that is found in Christ and Christ alone. (Romans 10:14-15)